Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Piano:


I was impressed by different movie clips of different piano battles, such as the ones by Andreas Kern Also, I came across a movie called A Secret that Cannot Be Told, which is a Taiwanese romance film, with different pianists in it. I was an inquirer, as I wanted to research different interesting pieces that were played in the movie. A lot of the pieces were the derivatives of some of the famous classical pieces such as Chopin. Thus, I was being a risk-taker by going outside my comfort zone of classical music, as I am more used to playing this genre of music, and trying something new.  The pieces are divided into three movements, which are approximately 3 pages each. Although it wasn't too challenging, I took much effort and time and developed patience  to get used to the style, and the finger-ing. After spending about 2 days of reading the notes and practicing, I was able to play the pieces by ear in a steady pace with much accuracy and clarity, with the appropriate use of pedals and weight-lifting. I became more knowledgeable, open-minded and  balanced in terms of my view on different genres of music and took anotehr step to inquire different skills and taste in the field of music that I like.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment