Thursday, November 17, 2011

Swimming:22nd September

Swimming took a little while to initiate, as our swimming pool was under construction for a while. However, now we can work towards our new goal of swimming, with the aim to increase fitness, develop perseverance and balance my sports/atheltic aspect with academic aspect of my life.


I did 12 laps of freestyle and 3 laps of breaststroke today with my swimming partner, Annie, and since this is the beginning, we found it a bit challenging in terms of our fitness as I have not been training as I used for a while, with school work occupying me. Therefore, this is good start where I realized my weakness and areas of improvement which also act as an incentive to work towards my goal. My initial/short-term goal is to get used to 15 laps of freestyle and not feel too tired afterwards before starting to build up my fitness. Also in addition to developing patience, perseverance and improving fitness, I also realized that it helped me to relieve some stress and balance out the pressure/workload from academic aspect of my life. Also, I am becoming a risk-taker and challenging myself to test myself in training myself continuously and realize my potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment