Thursday, September 1, 2011

CAS during Summer

During the summer between Grade 11 and Grade 12, I had an opportunity to volunteer to work at a pharmacy nearby my house in Korea for five weeks from June~July 2011. I helped by:
- Registering patients' prescriptions into the Korean Pharmaceutical Association (digitally)
  (This helped me fully understand and deepen my apprication for the medical system and health care plans work in Korea under the organization of mainly the Ministry of Health and Welfare. Also, I was able to face new challenges and learn how to use the digital system and develop my skills on this technology and now I can confidently undertake this established area in the future as well.)
- Issuing and printing bills and basic directions for use of drugs and medicine.
- Talking and Interactic with patients; asking them politely to wait for a little while till thier prescribed drugs are issued and explained by the pharmacist
 (I learned how to work coolaboratively with the patients and other people. I was able to develop my social and communication skills that I need to talk to the patients freely with warmth and respect. I realized that this plays an important part in relieving thier stress and pain to an extent.)

- Maintaing the pharmacy in a nice, clean, neat and organized condition; maintaining suitable temperature and humidity etc.
(This requires showing perseverance and commitment to clean thoroughly in and outside the pharmacy to make sure that it is a clean and a healthy environment. Also,it required communicating with other employees and sharing various maintenance jobs and carrying them out with responsibility and committment daily)

- Helping the pharmacist with arranging different drugs and medicine into appropriate categories

(I was able to work collaboratively with the pharmacist and was able to deepen my knowledge about different drugs and medicine for different purposes and treatments. Also, I was really impressed by the respect, responsibility and appreciation for his job and drugs&medicine as he found pride in helping others restore thier health and balance within the body. Also, I was able to understand the global importance of preventing misuse/overdose of drugs, which is one of the big issues in the field of medicine, health&welfare and Pharmacology and different specific jobs of people in such areas in order to act uopn such concerns whilst doing thier best in interacting and helping the patients)


No comments:

Post a Comment